Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Seeds!

I stopped by a local garden shop for the first time today on the way home from work. I went in not expecting much, but was very surprised at what all they offered! They had some great prices on bulk seeds and had a good selection of herbs and vegetable seeds too. Here's what I picked up, minus the herbs.


Yes, you are seeing that right... 1/2oz packages for $1.00! They may not be the best seeds in the world (I'm not sure, but will find out), but for a dollar I would have been crazy not to grab them. I packed them in zip-loc bags and now have them stored in the freezer for later use.

Going back to the herbs; I picked up a good variety for my wife today. I'm in the process of building her own DWC (Deep Water Culture) herb setup. It is based upon the window herb garden that I mentioned in an earlier post. I picked up all the materials at the store today and am about half of the way done with the project. I am documenting the process step-by-step and will be posting a How-To for those of you who want to give hydroponics a try with minimal investment.

More to come...
-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment