Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More Sprouts!

I am once again amazed at how quickly the seeds have sprouted. I came home to find these little guys standing proud.


I forgot to label the packs of which seeds were planted in which, so I'm not sure which are the lettuce and which are broccoli. I learned my lesson and the other two packs (in the far background) are labeled with the vegetable and date.

Since they have begun to sprout and have tiny leaves I have started the light cycle. Previously they were just sitting without any additional lighting. As of today they are on an 18hrs-ON, 6hrs-OFF cycle. I have the lights connected to a timer so this is done for me automatically.

I also filled my reservoir tank today and placed the air stones and water pump. I still need to grab a few more items from the store to compete my setup and finish drilling the holes in the reservoir cover to call it done.

More to come...
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment